Last night was the season 5 premiere of everyone’s favorite motorcycle club drama. Creator Kurt Sutter showed us once again why the series keeps gaining momentum. While the season 4 finale left us with dropped jaws, last night’s premiere left us speechless entirely.
If it’s one thing this series has mastered it is that nothing is given with Sons Of Anarchy. Right when you think you’re clever enough to understand what’s going to happen, you’re slapped in the face with something totally different. This is something that few shows do nowadays.
With that being said, we don’t claim to be experts or have inside knowledge, but here are 5 things we think everyone should watch for in season 5 of Sons Of Anarchy:
1. Damon Pope isn’t going away easily. His sinister payback for Tig was as gnarly as one can imagine. We expect that Pope will push the club to breaking points. Even though we can only speculate, it seems obvious that Sutter is shaping Pope into being one of the most fiercest foes for the Sons.
2. Clay may be half-crippled, but he is not stupid. With his oxygen mask in tow, Clay seems entirely harmless and nearly helpless right out of the gate. While the ex-president of the Sons Of Anarchy comes to terms with years of lies and cover-ups, he’s also digging into Jax for information. He knows that he should be dead, and he knows there is a reason Jax didn’t kill him other than just for the sake of holding a relationship with the Irish. We expect Clay to have leverage on Jax before the season gets much deeper.
3. Tig is about to have his best season.We’ve always been a fan of Tig’s character, but think the hard feelings he has with Clay, the brutal murder of his daughter and his already unstable nature, Tig is going to contribute to many angles this season will offer.
4. Nero isn’t just interested in Gemma for Gemma, he’s interested in the Club. We expect that Nero will have the club under his thumb in some way before the middle of the season.
5. Jax will find it hard not to run the club like Clay did. He is already learning that there are details that must be kept from the club sometimes to ensure it’s longevity, some of which he has no say in.
While Sons Of Anarchy has started season 5 with a bang that’s bigger than we could even imagine, we know one thing that will hold true:
Sutter and the crew won’t disappoint.